Old set - not working

Post all your slot car electronic problems, solutions and discoverys here.

Old set - not working

Postby Chris_Senna » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:51 pm

Hi,

I have an old Scalextric set (probably dating from the 70's) and I can't get the cars to move. The track looks like it is in good condition, but the cars just wont do anything.

Any pointers on what I can check?
Chris_Senna

Postby saslord » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:23 pm

This could be a few things such as not connecting the power pack or the hand controllers properly or a fault with one of the components. Its difficult to say without seeing a picture.

I would first check you are getting power from the transformer. You can do this with a multi meter if you have one.

Make sure the transformer pack is connected to the correct positions on the track. also make sure the controllers are conected correctly.

Check the brushes on the cars and make sure they connect to the track. If you connect a battery directly to the brushes of the cars you can check the cars motors and pickups are working correctly.

The last thing is to check the track. Make sure its clean.

Let me now if this solves it.
saslord
Site Admin

Postby hobby boy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:39 pm

the motors could possibly be worn out or transformer and controllers could be faulty. If you have another Scalextric set, i would try the cars on that to make sure it isn't the cars.

Andrew
hobby boy

Postby kaiyara » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:28 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the instruction manual for this old accesory.
I found one hidden in the deepest reccesses of my loft.
Thanks
kaiyara

Return to Electronics