Ideas for attaching Track to a board

Discuss Slot Car Modelling News Here

Ideas for attaching Track to a board

Postby DeanMachine » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi,

I have managed to squeeze a track of just over 30' onto an 8x4 MDF thats 10mm thick and on a frame in the garage. Its hinged and the idea is to lift when not needed.

Managed to get track side clips but struggling with a screw to fit, does anyone have any suggestions or even an alternative.

Cheers

DeanMachine
DeanMachine

Postby dondecap » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:24 am

hi guys,
quiet here!!!!!!!!!????????????
I am new/returning after a very long break [in my 60's now]..............kids now in there 40's :-).......
I have gone for carrera...it seemed cheaper at first but........... scalelextric still seems to be an ongoing favourite..........
I currantly have a 6ft x 3 ft base with one set on.....but have now obtained another two sets for the price of one, giving me 6 cars and a good supply of track.
I am looking at a possabilaty of a 3 layer track in places . I have fixed the currant track with 'sticky fixers' little foam pads with sticky each side on a melamane faced board.........seems to work ok and easy to take up if reqiured.......as now for alteration to track.
I find the 'bend names' confusing as in like r2 r3 etc are these just inner and outer curves?
regards
don
dondecap

Postby monotheist » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:44 pm

hy every one
i like your post
monotheist

Return to Slot Car News - Have Your Say